What is SEO?
Search engine optimization (SEO) is the process of constructing your website and its individual pages so that major search engines, such as Google and Bing, can index it properly. It involves organizing both the visual content on the front end of your website, and the coding on the back end – so that search engines can more easily determine how your content will appear in keyword searches.
Why is SEO important for your business?
Implementing proper SEO is like registering your information into a phone book. It makes finding your website much easier for people who are looking for what you have to offer. Optimizing your website for search engines makes your content more relevant, more attractive and more likely to appear near the top when people search for keywords related to your industry. Without proper SEO, your website runs the risk of being considered spam (trash), and falling to the bottom of search results.
Important SEO elements
There are literally hundreds of factors search engines take into consideration when indexing Web content, and their methodologies change all the time. But all of these factors fall under five major categories.
1) Keywords: The No. 1 factor search engines take into consideration when crawling your website is your use of keywords. You will gain SEO points when keywords related to your industry appear in your URL, header and title tags. You gain more SEO points the more those keywords are prevalent throughout the content of your pages. Search engines also rank content higher when the keywords appear earlier on your pages – near the top.
2) Inbound links: Search engines love when outsiders link to your content – it demonstrates your credibility. You can earn more SEO points by encouraging outsiders to link to your content – or by simply creating your own outside content, and linking it to your primary website. Search engines also take into consideration a variety of other factors, such as whether those inbound links include keywords relevant to your website.
3) Outbound links: Linking people from your website to outside sources can have good and bad consequences for your SEO. Avoid linking people to “link farms” – websites that exist for the sole purpose of linking people to other websites. Make sure all your links connect to active websites that are fully functional. And Google specifically penalizes websites that include more than 100 outbound links.
4) Miscellaneous factors: Search engines take into consideration a variety of other miscellaneous factors when considering your SEO rank. For example, separating words in your URL with hyphens (health-and-wellness.com, etc.) will help search engines pick out keywords from your URL more effectively. But search engines will start penalizing you when you use more than four or five hyphens because it starts looking like spam.
5) Management: Search engines usually grant more SEO prestige to websites that are regularly updated with new content. Websites that frequently provide news, blogs, auctions or some sort of fresh content will appear higher in search results than websites that sit passively and hope to attract visitors.
Staying on top of SEO
Search engines continually change the way they index websites. For example, Google used to grant higher SEO prestige to larger websites, based on the presumption that these sites were better funded and thus more credible. But spammers took advantage of this concept, and started using machines to generate millions of spam sites. Google later caught on to this, dumped millions of trash websites and threw out this rule.
Different search engines also index content differently from one another. For example, Bing ranks websites higher when they contain more words, but Google penalizes websites that cross a certain threshold.
The best way to stay on top of new SEO trends is to follow social media news websites, such as Marketing Pro Online. We also offer premium SEO services at competitive prices to companies interested in pursuing higher search engine optimization.
Our SEO Services
Our basic SEO services provide the basics for your business to be found in search engines. All of our basic services cover the essentials agreed upon by industry leaders in SEO.
Here is what you get:
1. Review and analysis of the keywords for your site. We will recommend specific keywords that have the right balance of volume and competition. Focusing on the correct keywords is the most significant first step in SEO.
2. Review and changes to site coding for search engines – we will review and optimize the coding for your site including file structure, internal linking, image optimization, meta tags, robots.txt file, and sitemap file.
3. Submission of optimized Press Releases, Articles, and videos to various websites. We have built a network of sites we can submit information to, which helps you build backlinks and gains exposure for your site.
4. Content optimization – we will optimize your content to include the correct placement and frequency for your chosen keywords.
5. Backlink building – backlinks are the core of SEO services. We will work to build backlinks for your site
All of our services are proven, effective, and ethical techniques for optimizing your site for search engines. All of our basic SEO services are specifically tailored to your website for maximum results. If you are ready to get started, just use the link below to schedule a free no-obligation consultation.